Thursday, August 28, 2008

When it rains...

How fitting that the very week of my theme of abundance, it finally rained. And boy did it rain. For about 3 days straight. On the second day of rain, I walked my daughter to school under a sprinkling sky. The full blown rain held off until my daughter was safely inside the building, and then it opened up on me.

As I felt my clothes soak through, I realized that had it been a year ago, I probably would have been resentful for being rained on. But after so many months of watching the land around me shrivel up with lack of moisture, I felt nothing but gratitude.

Walking home in the rain, glasses fogging up, clothes wet, shoes squishing with every step, and feeling more alive than I can remember, I couldn't decide whether to laugh or to cry. So I did both.

Abundance indeed.

No comments: